The accommodations you make when planning a trip to Capitol Reef National Park can make or break your journey. Finding the perfect base camp is critical to making your trip to Utah an excellent experience.
The right accommodations can elevate your entire experience, providing comfort, convenience, and a chance to recharge after exploring the park’s stunning landscapes. In this blog, we will discuss some of the best hotels near Capitol Reef National Park and the accommodations they offer to help you make the best of your trip.
You can find Capitol Reef National Park in south-central Utah, it is one of the mighty five national parks. This park is considered a treasure trove of breathtaking scenery, outdoor adventure, unique geological formations, and rich history. This park has something to offer every nature enthusiast, from the towering cliffs of the Waterpocket Fold to the lush canyons and historic petroglyphs.
Why Choose Accommodations Near Capitol Reef National Park?
Staying near the park is convenient for these reasons:
- Proximity: When it comes to being close to the park, the closer, the better! You will have more time you will have to experience the wonders of the park. Many hotels near Capitol Reef are within a short drive, allowing you to make the most of your visit.
- Convenience: Hiking, rock climbing, or just simply enjoying the park’s scenic drive can take a toll on you, and having a comfortable place to rest and relax is vital to making your trip worthwhile. Staying in a nearby hotel makes that easy!
- Local Experience: When you stay close to Capitol Reef, you have the chance to immerse yourself in the local culture and enjoy the kind people of the surrounding communities.
Here are some of the top hotels near Capitol Reef National Park that can make your stay the best possible.
Choosing to stay at Chuckwagon Lodge is perfect for those who are seeking a unique and authentic experience near Capitol Reef. Located in the cozy little town of Torrey, Utah, this lodge sits just outside of the entrance to Capitol Reef. Chuckwagon Lodge offers western flair, charm, luxury, and comfortable accommodations.
Another option is Torrey Pines and Bed & Breakfast, they offer a personalized service and a welcoming atmosphere. There are stunning views and homemade breakfast.
Another hotel located in Torrey is The Noor Hotel. This modern and stylish hotel is a short drive from Capitol Reef National Park and has a wide range of rooms to choose from.
The Skyridge Inn Bed & Breakfast offers comfortable rooms and a delicious breakfast.
If a resort is more your style, booking a room at Capitol Reef Resort is your best bet! There is a wide range of accommodations and you can enjoy on-site dining.
Exploring Capitol Reef National Park
Now that you know your trip will be comfortable, you can plan the exciting adventures that are must-do’s on most travelers’ bucket lists!
1. Scenic Drives: There is so much to see in Capitol Reef! A simple drive can show you many iconic scenic views these routes provide excellent opportunities to admire the park’s mesmerizing landscapes.
2. Hiking Trails: There is no shortage of hiking in Capitol Reef! You won’t want to miss Hickman Bridge Trail, Grand Wash, and many other amazing views. Just remember to plan to hike in the heat cause it can be quite hot in this area of Utah.
3. Petroglyphs: If history is your thing, then you should plan to explore the different historic and cultural sites that are near the park. There are many petroglyph areas near Capitol Reef that you won’t know where to start!
4. Fruita Historic District: Another thing for the history buff in your family is the chance to see the stunning orchards and historic buildings in the nearby town of Fruita.
5. Stargazing: The best part about rural Utah is the chance to see the stunning stars. With little light pollution, spending an evening under the brilliant desert stars is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Planning Your Trip
Now that you have an idea of what you want your trip to look like, and you know about the best hotels near Capitol Reef National Park you can begin to book your trip!
Take the chance to book your stay at Chuckwagon Lodge, and take a minute to make reservations for tours and other things you’d like to experience on your trip to Utah!
Don’t forget to explore the official Capitol Reef National Park website for up-to-date information on park hours, entrance fees, and any trail or road closures.
Planning ahead will ensure you make the most of your visit to this remarkable adventure for you and your family and knowing which room to choose will help make your experience that much better!
Let your adventure start here at Chuckwagon Lodge where you will get a cozy and charming experience while being close to the park and other beautiful accommodations in Torrey, Utah.
With its breathtaking scenery and a wide array of activities, Capitol Reef National Park promises to be an adventure you’ll never forget.